Copy/Paste into a Joomla Webpage
Before you can copy, cut, or paste text data you must be able to highlight, or select, the text that you want to perform the action on. This is called highlighting and allows you to select all the information in a document or certain portions of it. Once the text is highlighted you can then copy or cut that information depending on your needs. An example of what highlighted text looks like is below:
Example of highlighted text
To copy something you must first highlight the text that you would like to copy using one of the methods described above. When when you have the text highlighted that you would like to copy, you can copy it to the clipboard in one of three ways:
- When the text is highlighted you can press the Control button and the C button at the same to copy the data.
- Right-clicking on the highlighted text or files and then clicking on Copy.
- If there is an Edit menu you can click on Edit and then click on Copy.
Once you use one of these methods a duplicate of the highlighted text will be placed in the clipboard allowing you to paste it in another document or application.
Now go to the page where you would like to paste the text. First be sure to log into the website so that you can open the page for editing. Once your page is open for editing (after you click the ‘edit’ icon), simply move your cursor to the location where you would like the data to be pasted into your document and then choose one of the methods for pasting the data.
- When the cursor is at the location where you would like the data to be pasted press the Control button and the V button at the same to paste the data.
- Right-clicking on the document and clicking on Paste.
- On the website, you also have icons for pasting in the toolbar. The paste icon is designated in the image below.
Once you have pasted your text, simply click “Save & Close”