The internet is fast becoming like the wild west, with spam, scams and web intruders around every corner. Learn to keep your computer – and information – safe with awareness, computer security settings and malware scans. All methods demonstrated are free and available for all computers. Topics to be covered include:
- Browsers, security settings and internet pop-ups
- Email scams and other common “misrepresentations”
- Staying safe on public networks
- Configuring your computer for maximum security
- Oops – I’ve been hacked! – now what?
- Internet safety for children, teens and older adults
- Passwords, profiles and other doors hackers use – and how to close them!
Enjoy your computer – without fear! By the end of the course, you will have the confidence – along with a comprehensive list of tips and resources! – to spot potential pitfalls in advance, and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
1 sessions 2 hours